ElderCare Consult Helps Families and Clients Cope with the Challenges of Aging and Disabilities
A Private Consultation, Guardianship, and Care Management Company Serving Older and Incapacitated Adults in Salt Lake City, Utah, and Surrounding Areas
ElderCare Consult, Inc. helps families adjust and cope with the challenges of aging and disability caused by dementia, head injury, alcohol and/or drug addiction, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, stroke, or heart attack.
Our geriatric care managers assist you by:
- Conducting care-planning assessments to identify problems, eligibility for assistance, and need for assistance.
- Screening, arranging, and monitoring in-home help or other services.
- Reviewing financial, legal, or medical issues and offering referrals to geriatric specialists to avoid future problems and conserve assets.
- Providing crisis intervention.
- Acting as a liaison to families at a distance, making sure things are going well and alerting families to problems.
- Assisting with moving an older person to or from a retirement complex, care home, or nursing home.
- Providing consumer education and advocacy.
- Offering counseling and support.
What is Guardianship?
Guardianship is a legally authorized relationship between a competent adult (the guardian) and a minor child or an incapacitated adult (the ward). In this relationship, the guardian is given the duty and right to act on behalf of the ward in making certain decisions affecting the ward's life.